The Perfect Companion
Pocket guides to Shakespeare’s plays
Hamlet, Lear, Macbeth and Dream are the most studied and performed of Shakespeare’s plays. These accessible introduction soffers a springboard into each play, taking a hands-on, performance-based approach, exploring the challenges and the rewards it presents to actors, audiences and students.
Springboard Shakespeare has a three-part structure: whether you’re watching or reading, Ben Crystal takes you through exactly what you need to know Before, During and After the play. He combines a genuine passion and understanding of Shakespeare with his experience as an actor, giving the reader a clear route to thinking about, understanding and enjoying four of Shakespeare’s greatest works.
- Forth-coming Workshops
- Time Magazine – 20/9/13
- “Invaluable” – Review, Education Umbrella
- Podcast at Shakespeare’s Birthplace – 15/8/13
- Open Workshop with Ben Crystal & Company – London – September 2013
- My programme notes for Branagh’s Macbeth
- “A hit formula… Highly recommended” – British Theatre Guide
- “Pocket guides for anyone aged eight upwards” – Interview – Ink Pellet Magazine
- “A guide to Shakespeare’s work that should be in every theatre” – Independent on Sunday, July 7th 2013
- Verse Masterclass, June 18th 2013
- Springboard Shakespeare, publishing June 2013…